Street chic is a subculture of fashion that borrows from the styles of urban youth culture, such as hip-hop and skateboarding. Street chic usually includes oversized clothing, sportswear, sneakers, and lots of accessories. The style can also be called streetwear or street style. Street chic is typically worn by those who are on the younger side in age but it can also be worn by older people too.
Street chic isn’t always about expensive clothes though, you don’t need to spend hundreds to get that “street” look for your wardrobe!
Street chic has become more popular over time with many celebrities sporting this unique style like actress Rihanna and singer Ciara. There are even brands now solely dedicated to producing this type of clothing like the popular label Supreme.
The “street chic” style has influenced many areas of fashion, including hairstyles and make-up looks. It commonly includes bright colors, statement hats, sportswear, sneakers, hoodies, baggy jeans, jean jackets, or simple graphic t-shirts. Street chic is suitable for both boys and girls but it’s mostly worn by young people in their teens & the twenties.
How to Achieve Styles of Street Chic?
Street chic has a very sporty look to it so try wearing hoodies, track pants, and sneakers. Not only do they give your outfit an athletic edge but they’ll also help you feel comfortable on the go!
On occasions where you need to get dressed up, change one piece of your outfit such as swapping out your sneakers for stilettos or putting on a tailored jacket over your street-chic t-shirt to make them look more sophisticated.
Street chic can be achieved in a number of ways, but the most important thing is to feel comfortable in what you’re wearing. If you’re not comfortable, it’ll show in your demeanor and people will be able to tell that you’re trying too hard.
Some tips on how to achieve a street-chic look include:
- Wearing oversized clothing: This gives you a more relaxed and comfortable look.
- Sporting sportswear: This is a key component of the street-chic style and can include items like track pants, hoodies, and sneakers.
- Accessorizing: Lots of accessories go a long way in achieving this style, so add some bold jewelry, hats, or sunglasses to your outfit.
- Mixing high and low brands: You certainly don’t have to wear high-end designer clothes to achieve this style, so mix up some cheap items with expensive ones.
- Color coordination: This is important for achieving a street-chic look because you want everything to match well together. Some common colors of street chic are black, white, pink, gray, green, yellow, and red.