What are the letters that start with N? And what are some of the most popular fashion terms that start with this letter? As for fashion terms starting with N, there are plenty–and they’re all popular!
- Neckline: One of the more popular fashion terms starting with N is the neckline. Necklines include v-necks, scoop necks, boat necks, and crewnecks that are generally found on different types of clothes such as tops or dresses. Another that’s pretty standard among many clothes is the wide neckline, which is commonly used in formal apparel.
- Nape: The nape is the back part of the neck, close to the hair. It’s used in formal clothing and provides an elegant look.
- Napoleon: This type of collar features a tall strip that goes down the center of the front, where it’s attached to two shorter strips or tabs on either side. The point at which these meet forms a little triangle, thus creating this collared style’s namesake shape.
- Narrow: Wearing narrow clothes means choosing tight-fitting ones that hug your body parts tightly–hips, thighs, arms, bust, and waist areas included. Clothes that are made with fabrics like jerseys are often considered narrow because they cling to one’s shape easily.
- Needlecord: There are many different types of fabrics that people use for their clothes, and there’s one fabric that stands out from the rest: needlecord. This fabric is a popular choice among those who love wearing pants because it’s very durable and has a lovely drape to it as well. Nylon: There’s nothing like nylon when it comes to closeness to your skin! Other than being super flexible and lightweight, this type of fabric is also great at holding its shape–making it ideal for making swimsuits especially.