In this post, we will discuss the various fashion terms that start with the letter J.
- Jacket: a type of coat that is typically shorter than a “coat.” It can be worn in any weather, and it is often considered more formal than a sweater or pullover. Jackets are usually sleeveless but some have short sleeves. A jacket may also refer to an article of clothing such as a blazer, sport coat, bomber jacket or leather jacket. Jacket pockets are sometimes called breast pockets because they are sewn onto the chest area of the garment rather than on its sides where traditional shirt pockets would be located.
- Jeans: a type of pants made from a blue denim cloth. Jeans were invented in 18th-century Europe and quickly became popular with cowboys in the American West because they could be worn for almost any activity. Over time, jeans became an essential part of casual attire for many societies around the world.
- Jewelry: metal adornments that can be worn on the body and can include bracelets, rings, necklaces, earrings, and hair accessories. Jewelry may be purely decorative or serve a practical function in fulfilling certain religious requirements.
- Jewel tone: any color that is derived from gold or similar materials. This term often refers to vibrant colors which are associated with jewelry and luxury items.
- Jumpsuit: a type of one-piece garment which covers the body from the neck to the ankles. It is typically loose and may be worn as part of a uniform for certain professions such as pilots or police officers.