Pea coats are jackets with a double-breasted closure, typically made from wool or cashmere. Peacoats have been around since the 1700s and were originally intended for military sailors at sea. However, they quickly became popular among landlubbers because of their versatility and durability.
The pea coat has been a winter staple for centuries. In the mid-1900s, it started becoming popular in women’s fashion and there were several different styles available like men’s jackets as well! Today you can find tailored versions of this classic garment that will suit any occasion or mood thanks to their wide range of colors – from black with contrast stitching on premium fabric all way through bright pastels such pink and blue-which makes them perfect additions to your wardrobe if you want something lightweight but still stylish
- Tailored pea coats: A tailored pea coat is a modern take on the classic style. It has all the features of a traditional pea coat, but it is cut to flatter the body and is often made from more luxurious materials.
- Swing pea coats: Swing pea coats are looser-fitting than traditional peacoats, and they have a more feminine silhouette. This style is perfect for women who want something a little more relaxed and stylish.
- Navy blue pea coat: The navy blue pea coat is the most popular type and is characterized by its broad lapels, six buttons, and single breasted front.
- Toggle coat: The toggle coat is named for the toggle closures on the front, which are made from wood or horn.
- Car coat: The car coat is shorter in length than other types of peacoats and typically has a hood or shawl collar.
- Chesterfield coat: The Chesterfield coat is distinguished by its velvet collar and epaulets.
Women’s pea coats, on the other hand, are often shorter and more fitted than men’s versions. They come in a range of different styles, so you can find the perfect one for your individual look.
Men’s pea coats are typically longer and wider than women’s versions, and they have a more masculine silhouette. If you’re looking for a traditional pea coat that will keep you warm on winter days, this is the style for you.
The most common fabric for a pea coat is wool, which is thick and insulating. However, you can also find versions made from cashmere, a luxurious material that is soft to the touch.
While all of these coats are traditionally made from wool or cashmere, they can also be made from other materials, such as nylon or polyester. So, whether you’re looking for a traditional navy blue coat or something a little more unique, there’s sure to be a pea coat that’s perfect for you.