Chakras are energy centers in the human body. They correspond to different parts of the body and govern various aspects of health, including physical, mental and spiritual well-being. The word “chakra” means wheel and these special bracelets (strung on elastic) are said to help strengthen the energy in that area of your body. Let’s explore what they mean by this, and why you may want one!
A chakra bracelet is a colorful piece of jewelry worn on an arm or leg corresponding to a certain chakra point for healing purposes. It can be either made out of stones or simply have beads representing each color from which you choose which ones resonate best for you.
To choose the right chakra bracelet, consider your reasons for wearing one. What part of or how much of your body will it cover? (Your wrist is considered to be one of the most powerful points.) Will you wear it on your dominant hand? And what kind of energy would you like to bring into that area of your body?
The word “chakra” means wheel. These special bracelets are strung on elastic and they are said to help strengthen the energy in that area of your body. Let’s explore what they mean by this! There are seven main chakras: crown, third eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral and root.
Practical Uses of Chakra Bracelets for Each Chakra
- Crown (the spiritual chakra) – connects you to higher consciousness, brings your awareness inward. It can help with intuition and psychic abilities.
- Third Eye (the intuitive chakra) – is the bridge between your mental and spiritual life. It’s related to clairvoyance, telepathy and prophetic dreams. Third eye energy also helps us tap into our creativity. Going within through meditation is best for this area of the body.
- Throat (the communication chakra) – helps you communicate more clearly through both speaking and listening to others. Physical throat ailments like strep throat might be healed by wearing this bracelet on your dominant hand.
- Heart (the love and joy chakra) – encourages compassion and understanding. When we can be more open to receiving love, we can start spreading it to others through acts of kindness and empathy. Wearing this bracelet on your dominant hand helps with positive word choices and communication that inspires people instead of putting them down.
- Solar plexus (the energy chakra) – governs how you stand up for yourself or put yourself down by your words or actions. A strong solar-plexus energy will help you feel comfortable in your own skin, allowing you to make the best first impression on new strangers as well as speak your mind when needed! This is also where all fear comes from so wearing a bracelet here brings about more courage.
- Sacral (the creativity chakra) – governs how you see yourself, your body image and your self-esteem. When there’s more of a flow of energy here, you can release stress that might be holding you back from reaching your full potential. This is the area where it’s associated with having children so any issues around fertility are best treated by wearing this bracelet on your dominant hand.
- Root (the foundation chakra) – lets us know if we have stability in certain areas of our lives or not, including emotional relationships as well as financial ones. Wearing this bracelet on your dominant hand helps bring an overall sense of grounding to life!
A balanced first chakra brings security into life while a balanced seventh chakra brings peace of mind. You can find the perfect one for you by exploring the meaning behind each color and stone! With these metaphysical properties in mind, let’s take a look at some of the most popular designs with their corresponding gemstones:
- Aqua Aura – has healing properties to help with anxiety and depression. It is believed to enhance intuition, clairvoyance, telepathy and psychic abilities.
- Black Onyx – is known as “the stone of protection”. It helps with negative energy that might be coming your way so you stay grounded in business dealings with others when establishing new relationships or ending old ones.
- Chainmaille Bracelets – are made out of aluminum so they are one of the safest metals to wear. They have protective qualities so this is a good choice for those who are more sensitive to other people’s energies, especially at work or school.
- Chrysocolla – enhances communication abilities and brings clarity into your relationships, whether that be with other people or around other projects you might have going on in your life. It also helps one build trust within themselves.
- Copper Bracelets – are considered an ancient earth element metal said to regulate body temperature by having cooling properties when warm and warming ones when cold. This makes sure that you maintain balance and harmony throughout the day!
- Lava Rock Bracelets – promote grounding which means bringing about stability in all areas of your life, not just one. It brings a peace of mind so you can be more carefree and live in the moment!
- Lemon Quartz – has cleansing properties to help with putting your trust into someone new or dealing with old relationships that have fallen apart. It helps bring clarity to impulsive decisions, good and bad.
- Rainforest Jasper – is a soothing stone that helps manage emotions when going through a turbulent or stressful period. Whether it’s a break up after a long term relationship, job loss or any other major life event, this bracelet will help ground those feelings and shape them into something more positive!
- Unakite – is said to balance out the energies between masculine (expressive) and feminine (responsive) energies which makes for a more loving relationship!
- Tigers Eye – is an excellent gemstone of protection that brings about clarity so you can see the truth of any situation. It’s also said to enhance willpower and encourage speaking your mind which is something people with closed chakras have trouble doing.
- Tourmaline – warms or cools depending on the wearer’s need, often because they are under stress or not grounded enough which isn’t good for the body!
- Turquoise – is known as a powerful healing stone that protects its bearer from negative energies while encouraging purification within oneself. It helps you connect with nature and heals old issues by making room for new ones (like letting go of past relationships).
Wearing this bracelet on your dominant hand helps bring an overall sense of grounding to life!
Whatever chakra needs balancing, wearing a bracelet on that specific hand can help. Whether it’s your first, fourth or seventh one, these bracelets are said to help strengthen the energy in that area of your body.